Category: Swhengtee Article Published: Thursday, 29 November 2018 10:10
2008 Property Forecast
1. Gavin forecasted the Malaysian property market will be globalized and cross-border transactions will increase.
2. Called Malaysians to learn property investment otherwise the best properties would fall into foreigners' hands.
3. Commenced his investment course under Swhengtee brand.
4. Forecasted Malaysian property market will begin to boom contrary to what many economic experts predicted.
2009 Property Forecast
1. 2008-2009 Great Financial Crisis (GFC) ongoing.
2. Commenced his bulk purchase and investors club.
3. Invested property in bulk monthly and urged Malaysians to not miss the best opportunity to purchase as he believed that Malaysia had the lowest price in the region and its cities were not yet fully urbanized.
4. He conceptualized a Crisis Investment Plan for many young investors to become property millionaires.
2010 Property Forecast
1. He commenced his World Trip to study properties worldwide as he believed that Malaysian property needs to go globalized in order not to be left out of the global trend.
2. He visited many ASEAN countries to understand Malaysia’s potential within the region; he believed that Malaysia was the best ASEAN country to invest in.
3. He started his talks in China and brought his members to visit China as he had foreseen the Chinese will start investing in Malaysia.
4. He forecasted 2010 was the best year to invest as Malaysia was JUST starting to pick up. Malaysian property prices were too low and had nowhere to go but up.
5. He believed it was just only beginning to rise in terms of price and globalization stage. Globalization will only commence a few years later.
6. He started to bring his members to invest in KL city centre while others thought KL city was going to burst. Most of such investments made big profit as much as 100% e.g. City Gardens in Bukit Ceylon.
7. He named the period as the “Golden 10 years” of Malaysian property (between 2010 – 2020).
2011 Property Forecast
1. He forecasted this year as the year with the best and worst property emerging.
2. He projected that many of non-mainstream big projects would make homebuyers suffer losses.
3. He forecasted the Rise of ASEAN & the ERA of SEA.
4. While almost all the forecasts predicted a worsening market and that the property market would burst in 2013, he forecasted 2013 will boom and will be the start of a ‘supercycle’.
5. He forecasted JB and Iskandar will hit its peak and KL will remain the top in 2015.
2012 Property Forecast
1. He called for changes in property investment target and focus as the market is shifting.
2. He named hotspots in tourism and resort which will be the best segment in 10 years’ time.
3. He asked investors to grab the last piece of ‘golden’ land as there will be no more at such a low price even if there is another crisis. It’s truly the final chance.
4. He warned bulk purchasers on Non-productive products including shoplots which were normally the most preferred investment.
5. His hotspots included medium-cost, land and secondary market.
2013 Property Forecast
1. He forecasted property will have no borders and has entered the globalization stage.
2. He named his forecast “The changing face of the real estate world” as he believed the whole world is raising funds from the world through property investment e.g. Europe, USA, Brazil & SEA.
3. He set up his office in Beijing, Shanghai & Taipei as he believed the Chinese are the main force driving the world’s real estate.
4. He thought that Malaysia had the best potential and thus commenced his World Tour by spending RM2 mil out of his own pocket to promote Malaysia. Not a single sen was sponsored by commercial or government entities.
2014 Property Forecast
1. He talked the least and had 5 other speakers to share their forecasts.
2. He felt 2014 was a year he can’t predict but he still believed foreigners’ interest in Malaysia will be sustained.
3. He spent lots of time in China after MH370 trying to RESCUE the market.
2015 Property Forecast
1. He forecasted a tough market as the game changed due to the government’s cooling measures and the uncertain world economy.
2. He thought that Malaysia was losing its competitiveness as other ASEAN countries become much more competitive.
3. He forecasted Malaysia had only 3 years left to retain its competitive advantage over other ASEAN countries and if the government doesn’t compete, it will be ‘gone like the wind’.
4. He forecasted the Rail Revolution will change the entire Asian real estate world.